It is a time and cost savings effort to negotiate certain LEED items prior to lease signing. Below are some items that will save a great deal of money if negotiated up front.
- Request separate utility metering.
- Promote carpooling with reserved carpool spots.
- Electric or highbred preferred parking spots.
- Request a recycling program.
- Include the option to outsource power.
- Have the Landlord designate an area for bicycle racks.
- Arrange to have the T1 allowance to be used for tenant fit out, architectural, engineering and LEED services. Or request a payout of unused T1 to use at your discretion.
- Commit to a ten year lease for a long term commitment.
- Have the existing building outside air ventilation system tested to be sure it meets ASHRAE 62.1-2007 requiring a minimum of 10 cfm per person.
- Request environmental tobacco smoke control by having the building set up designated smoking areas.